Monday, May 2, 2016

Minimal sewing, garden walk..........

I love hostas.  It is so much fun to see them come up every spring.  In the bottom right photo you can see that violets, cone flowers, Lily of the Valley, dandelions and Creeping Charlie are all competing for that spot.  I will probably have to dig that one up and clear the area and replant it.
 Jack-in-the-Pulpits are popping up in several places now.  The leaves are finally coming up on the ones I showed about a week ago.
The Tiger Lilies are getting tall as well as the peony plants.  Lily of the Valley has invaded my whole backyard garden.





The Red Penstemon plant in my front garden is so pretty.  








All of the volunteer Lungwart/Pulmonaria plants are doing well in their little pots.  I need to find someone who wants to start a patch of them in their garden.



The sewing I did yesterday was minimal and not worth getting the camera out for it.  It is time to plan for the new month now.  I need to add a few more things to my blog shop, Wandaful Quilts, later today.

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It rained here yesterday and is pouring today. I did garden on Saturday and my tulips are at peak- I have over 100 in my front yard garden. I took photos on Saturday. The bane of my garden are these wild chives or onions or something. They have a bulb and have stuck themselves in the clumps of perennials making is very difficult to remove. I don't want to dig up all my perennials and replant. Sort of beside myself on how to get rid of them.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes when we have a nice day we barely touch the sewing as the outside work calls to us. Your plants may have been slower than mine coming out but they are catching up. I wish I had good peonies, I did at one time but I don't remember if they even came up last year - I need to dig in that area and see if they are there and move them if they are as they sure haven't been well there for sometime.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Rain for the past three days and headache producing rain this morning. Our outdoor plants are VERY happy. We have lots of hostas in our yard, too - so fresh and green right now.

donaleen said...

That part of spring is so fun. That part is so over here. Enjoy it.

Oh My, Jan! said...

Thank you so for sharing your Spring Garden. I'm reliving my MN garden thru your photos since we live in South TX now and none of the hostas or lilies survive down here. I sure miss watching the flowers popping out of the ground and reaching for the sun! Love, Love your quilt sharing, too!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Your garden plants are looking so healthy and beautifully green. I should like to grow hostas but they seem to succumb to bugs like crazy here.