Saturday, June 25, 2016

2 more blocks............

I made two more blocks and then spent a half hour moving blocks.  I thought this looked good when I was standing in front of it but I can see2 blocks that need to be moved after seeing the photo.  I spent more time vacuuming yesterday than sewing.  I think I need to make several new blocks and then eliminate the ones that aren't working as well.
While cleaning off the cutting table I decided that the Marcia Derse scraps are big enough to cut Drunkard's Path blocks.

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love seeing how the quilt is coming together. Cant't wait to see the Derse drunkard paths.

Sharon W. said...

I hope that your "showing" of the final quilt layout will include some of the potential layouts you have shared along the way. It would be fun to have a couple of your rejected designs to help us see how you changed it. For example, I cannot make any decisions or suggestions for change in today's layout; so side-by-side photos would help me see where you saw problem areas. Sort of a mini tutorial??? thanks!!

piecefulwendy said...

Your quilts and the fabrics you use are just fabulous! I really like that fabric and all the movement it gives the quilt.